Wednesday, April 01, 2015

All good things must come to a final ending

Wednesday March 25th. 2015


             At last the end is near for the final chapter of my career life and the beginning of leisure life with my beloved husband and soul mate who five years ago due to a life changing health problem and was on disability. It was especially difficult and humbling affect for him who has said he will be working till his seventies. He loved his career and the challenge of working with computers and the ever changing software. Unfortunately for him the cardiac arrest six months after his major open heart surgery and the seventeen minutes flat line with only the quick thinking and experience of an ex Hong Kong ER nurse save him and prevent much worst damage to his brain and heart. It was especially hard on him be off work and the social meeting at work. To make matter worst I must keep on working and unable to care for him. He use to love cooking (one of his favourite enjoyment) but I am too worry he might burn down the house due to his short attention I told him the kitchen is off limit to him. 

              However, I am now able to spend time with him and care for him. Sadly, I too, will deeply missed the social office life which is part of my life for thirty six years, One thing I must say I am not going to miss is the last minute request from sale force for their commission to be included in the month end payout or works. I am happy that there is no more late evening work during every month ends, quarterly ends and finally year end. At the same time I will be enjoying all my week end without fear of weekend disaster recovery testing. I is especially hard because I do not drive and very dependant on my poor husband to drive me to the GO station to work every morning and on my return. 

               Last October in 2014 we travelled to Sydney for my niece wedding but have to cut short our travel although there was a second wedding we should be attending but unable due to my last year end processing. It was especially hard on my husband because it was his favourite niece wedding and it was also in Australia on the same October except it was to close to the end of the month.

               That is why this retirement is a bitter sweet but unfortunately I cannot retire earlier without penalty on my pension till March 2015.

                I guess the first thing I am going to enjoy is the sleep in without fear or remorse of getting to work late. I am a retired ex banker. Oh the sound sweet.

No comments: