Saturday, April 18, 2009

Updates

It is now almost a month since my surgery. Most of the time I am staying indoor with the occasion walk to the park. At least I am getting to know my neighbourhood better. So far I have been blessed with Yeu-Tin taking time off from work to be with me. Taking the advice from the medical professional, I don’t not even dare to take or try to lift anything remotely looks heavy. So Yeu-Tin has been my perpetual slave lending her hand and strength to do what I cannot and dare not do.
For now I have been grounded and handicapped because I cannot drive for six weeks after surgery. On the bright side I only have two and a half weeks left to freedom. Next Wednesday I have two doctor’s appointments and then the final consultation with my heart surgeon on May 4th 2009. Hopefully, I will have the good news that my surgery wound are healing well.
With all the time in the world I was starting to get bored and really had hard time to kill time. With a piano and a keyboard at home, I decided to take up piano lesson from book. So far I am doing not too bad. Hope, by the end on the month I will be able to learn to read musical notation. (Tried once before but give up).
What I have learned during this difficult time is that how to be humble and to accept the generosity of friends. In the past I have always enjoyed the joy of helping others. It truly gives me a lot of satisfaction and joy but on the other hand I am not the one to receive the assistance from others no matter how bad I felt. This time I realized that my selfishness is robbing all my good friends the joy of helping. So pushing my macho image aside I decided to humble myself to accept all my friends help. I will definitely have to send out tons of thank you cards later but it was a right decision.

No comments: